The integrity of your home’s plumbing is essential to its function, so it’s important to keep an eye out for potential issues, and whether it’s a small problem or a major one, leaky plumbing can cause a significant amount of damage to your property. For these reasons, knowing how to identify the signs of a leak and when to call a professional about leak detection in Plano, TX is crucial.
Water leaks can manifest in many ways. Sometimes, a loose fixture beneath your sink is enough to cause water damage and mold growth. In other cases, a clogged or running toilet can be a sign of a major problem that requires emergency plumbing services for sewer replacement.
The following are some common signs of a leaky plumbing fixture:
- You can hear water running while nothing is turned on.
- Your floors, walls, or ceilings have discolored, wet, or spongy areas.
- There are unpleasant odors around your drains.
- Your water meter displays changes even while nothing is running.
- Your water bill has increased without an apparent reason.
If you notice any of these warning signs, call a plumber as soon as possible for leak detection and repairs.